background

Monday, April 29, 2013

Teacher gifts

I like to give each of the teachers a homemade end of the year gift.  It started out as a table runner that I would have all the kids sign.  But, last year my youngest was in a looping class (she had the same teacher for 1st and 2nd grade) so the second year I made her a zipper pouch.  I loved them so much that I have switched over to them as my new go to end of the year gifts.
 They are really fun to make.  I used muslin and sewed straight lines to make it resemble paper.  I wish the picture came out clearer, it was hard to get the paper lines to show up.  Then I simply used a running stitch to add their name, along with a french knot for the period.  I love the scissors for the back and both insides are the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment