background

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ombre pixel quilt top

There is a fantastic line out by V and Co called Simply Color.  I absolutely love it!  They also have a baby quilt that they made using the ombre fabric in that line.  I wanted to do a two color version.  I want to say that it was because I wanted there to be more of a change in color values, but who am I kidding.  I did two colors because I couldn’t decide between grey and purple.
 A fun fact about me is that I cannot do random.  Even when presented with a quilt that has been done randomly, my eagle eye will somehow find a pattern.  In order to make sure that it was completely random I cut all my squares to 5x5 then I just grabbed and sewed.  It was crazy hard to not want to “orderate” (as a friend’s daughter calls it) the fabrics.  Also, after I sewed the blocks together, I grabbed the rows and pieced without looking too closely.  I was pleasantly surprised when it was all said and done. 
I am very excited to get my back picked out and I plan to do an all over stipple with grey thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment