background

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dog's day out quilt

Our younger brother, Phil and Traci are having their first baby and he is due in May.  As soon as I found out they are expecting a boy I got to work.  (This was as artsy as I could get with a picture of the quilt, as our house is currently covered in sawdust from a basement project)
 I found the most adorable fabric of dogs and I fussy cut my favorite ones for the centers.  I actually made the pattern for this quilt.  I did use a varation of a log cabin for the borders and then off set all the blocks.  I absolutely love how it turned out.
I went with a simple back using stripes from my favorite fabrics on the front.
 For the quilting, I did an all over stipple on the white background.  Then I did a scant outline of all the blocks.  In the blocks I did an all over cobblestone.  I have been wanting to try cobblestone for some time.  My tip....take breaks between blocks, it is quite the forearm workout!
A fun side fact for the quilt...the gray fabric used in the center blocks is left over fabric from the binding of Traci’s quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment