background

Monday, December 30, 2013

Friendship quilt

I have to confess…I don’t have a new finish to share this month.  I instead spent this month getting ready for Christmas.  But, I did want to share a previous quilt that I finished.

I was lucky enough to find my personality doppelganger.  Unfortunately, her husband’s job took their family to Illinois.  It was also the year that she turned 40.  I love the colors that I chose for this quilt.  I really enjoy making quilts for other people.  (Although, my husband would look around our house and beg to differ.)  I love spending that time thinking about how much they will enjoy the quilt.
I pieced the back and added a signature block.  I will fully admit that I did machine stitch the block on the back.  I cheated.  I know.  I was getting pressed for time and quite frankly didn’t want to piece it into the back.  The block is the friendship star which I felt was very much appropriate for this quilt.
 
 The other fun part that I added was in the binding.  The little piece is from Flea Market Fancy.  It is my favorite fabric from that line.  I wanted to add a little bit of me in the quilt that I made for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment