background

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Another mini and a mug rug

I made another mini quilt for my sewing room walls.  I wanted to make a mini that had the feel of my husband and my initials carved in a tree.  I was planning on just getting a solid brown.  Well, a friend of mine was in the process of moving and gave me a giant basket of her craft room goodies.  Included was this almost 2 yards piece of wood grain fabric.
The quilting is freehand wood grain.  I used the fabric as my guide.  I was very pleased with how it came out!  The sewing machine was a gift from a different friend a couple days later.  I am always so touched at how thoughtful my friends are.

The mug rug I made a couple days later as a birthday present.  I love how it turned out in a smaller size as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment